Friday, January 13, 2012

Japanese Diabetes Drug May Take Four Years to Make it to USA


A drug company can decide which countries it wants to introduce its drugs into first. Here in the United States, we assume drug companies will introduce them here first. Usually American drug companies introduce drugs in the United States. But drug companies in Europe often apply for approval there. The same holds true with Japan, Israel, and other counties where there are quite a few drug-producing companies.

Glufast, or mitiglinide calcium hydrate, is a diabetes medication from Japan, that has been in use there since 2004. It improves the body's own ability to produce insulin, and has the tendency to lower post-meal glucose levels in its users. However, it is not on the market in the United States. It is not even yet being considered by the FDA for approval. The company that owns the rights to market Glufast in North America, Elixir Pharmaceuticals, Inc., plans to submit a new drug application with the FDA in 2008. This is the way it goes in the global health care system.

5 comments:

  1. Nice blog, How can i know to miss this blog ago ! your blog must be famous ! keep going your blog,Good article thanks for sharing,i will recommend this to my friends.Wireless Companies

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read and appreciate your work.
    www.pharmacyguider.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We believe in perfect writing statement if you are going to apply for mba. The sop for mba is exactlly what you need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to thank Dr Padman for helping me get cured of my HERPES diseases, for like 6 months Now I have been suffering from HERPES , but one day as I was surfing through the Internet I met a post about a lady who was cured by Dr Padman so I decided to give it a try to see if he could save my life Luckily for me I was cured by him. I cannot stop thanking him for what he has done for me Dr Padman thank you so much for your immediate cure of my HERPES disease, i must say for curing my disease, i own you in return. Thanks and be blessed Dr Padman. if you need his help you also want to get cured just the way i got mine, just email Via his padmanlovespell@yahoo.com or add him on WhatsApp +19492293867 His Website: https://padmanspell.com and get your healing

    ReplyDelete